Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Ten Songs

Sorry, this blog is a fail. I'll...do more over the summer? Yeah? I think that's wishful thinking, but I'll cling to it from now on.

So...guess I'm just gonna post ten songs I'm into at the moment. I'm keeping the crappy, half-assed descriptions to a minimum today, so you can just listen to some good music. Enjoy.



Either through James Blake or, for you more credible people(myself not included), through Fiest's original version, I'm sure you're familiar with Limit To Your Love by now. But I really like the song in itself, whoever's singing it, so let's spread some dark, brooding love for it.




So, it seems 80s pop music videos are in vogue at the moment. The song is good, though. 80s pop, which, when it's made in 2011 rather than the mid 80s, is usually a lot of fun.



PJ Harvey and Ben Waters covering a a Doc Pomus song. I don't know nearly enough about PJ Harvey or Doc Pomus to say something witty or insightful about this track, so I'll just say I like it and her voice songs cool.



I must say that I had doubts about the idea of this record when I first heard about it, buuut...turns out I must've been having a blonde moment, because this sounds great.



Bit of a guilty pleasure, the Script, and the idea of 'science is boring lol yay for emotions and art' that this song is about has always annoyed me, but that chorus is kind of irresistible.



It's such a shame that I just discovered Tune Yards, aka Merill Garbys, like, a week ago. I dare you to try to classify this is one genre. Merill's got everyone stumped on that point.



I'm afraid that this borders on pop-punk at times, and in its minute and a half playing times, it slowly builds up to be a total angstathon. But it's fun nonetheless. (I have so many guilty pleasures, in case you haven't noticed?)



Out of all the recent spew of new grime-dubstep-rappers in the UK music scene at the moment, I'd suggest that Wiley is probably the one worth paying most attention to.



I think this is like a bitter sweet no-fi pop song? I'm not sure, I'm no expert with stuff this hipster. it's good, though.



It seems only fitting to end with someone off the brand new Arctic Monkeys record, Suck It And See, as I've kind of shown you both preceding singles and have mentioned than a dozen times. I haven't got round to buying the physical record yet, though I will some time this week. I've listened to a few songs online, though, and the opening song She's Thunderstorms is my favorite so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment